- I took care of financial aid. That’s one thing checked off of my To Do list.
- Despite the rain, it was a gorgeous day!
- I checked out the Pope Building to see if I could find a good place to get some homework done, but that was a no go. I was about to go down the stairs at the same time as a young man, BUT he was very gentlemanly with a “Hello” and an offer to let me go down the stairs before him. Who know thing like that happen?
- To take advantage of the wonderful weather, I did some studying outside. The after rain smell was overwhelmingly amazing, the birds were flippin’ happy, and so was I.
- As was mentioned before, I studied outside. I found some serious study spots! (Try saying that ten times fast) I found a place next to a dried up stream. However, because of the aforementioned rain, this day it was a babbling brook/stream.
- Whilst cranking out some much needed reading (Criminal Justice of all things), a birdie came next to me and took a bath. It’s joy splashed upon me like the sun on my face and the wind in my hair. (Yep. I just got all sentimentally poetic-like.) Then a very tiny yellow bird came down and dance around his bathing friend. It was just too perfect!
- So I went find another study place. One that didn’t make me feel so happy and ooy-gooy. I started to head for another building on campus. Just around the stream bend there were two sleeping ducks.
- I’m like 5 years old.
- While studying in a quiet corner, a religions teacher was very nice to me and asked “When it comes to yogurt: chocolate? peach? or blueberry?” I said blueberry. He started to leave and said he’d be back. What on earth was this guy doing?? He went into his office which was not too far from where I was crouched over my Criminal Justice. He quickly popped out and said “Sorry, not blueberry. I meant raspberry.” I said raspberries are good too. Then he came out with a raspberry Creamie! Stuff like this actually happens!!
Here is the deep side. Sometimes, life is like this dried up stream that turns rocks yellow and smells like trout (good memories). Some days, we have the waters of life flowing through us and sometimes not. We can’t always see what’s coming, but if we keep going we may end up on the ride of our lives.